Monday, October 29, 2007

Underwater Cinematographer

Talib Kweli carries the remnants of Hip Hop's integrity in the pockets of his words. This song is why.

Talib Kweli
Young, Fresh & Clean
Get Familiar Mixtape

Is Thursday underrated, misunderstood, or just plain shitty? I here much of the latter two being shouted at me from blogs, friends, and music critics alike. I wholeheartedly disagree with them, because I honestly hear genius embedded in every song. For my sake, let me know if I'm simple, or just insane. Hear them Do it Acoustic.
Thursday
Signals Over the Air (Live Acoustic)
Live Acoustic from the Apple Store

But I haven't given up on Hip Hop. Not by a long shot. Which is why I love to kick back and hear MF Doom spit it wicked. Its just plain fun to listen to his simple flow delivered so smoothly and effectively. Check it.
MF Doom
Fancy Clown (Alt. Take)
Ghostface Meets MF Doom: Operation Ironman

Catchy. Repetitive. Brilliant. "Q & Not U" can't do it any other way. Case and Point, this song.
Q & Not U
Soft Pyramids
Different Damage

Local acts in my Town are never really taken seriously. But when you make music that gets the kids dancing and learning all the words to your songs, then you're likely to break the mold. Love and Respect.
The Kiss Electric
Always (West-Bound 10)
DEMO EP

---------------------------------------------------
The Most Serene Republic
Underwater Cinematographer

No comments: