Sunday, October 28, 2007

In Your Dreams

This Kanye West B-side sounds like it was beta version of the arms race remix beat. But the story is melancholy and endearing. Another Golden Track from our Favorite Bear Fetishist.

Kanye West
Roses
Late Registration Mixtape

A slow, tape-warm, Conga-fueled version of my favorite Sublime song was definitely a welcome surprise to my earbuds. However, Brad's singing sounds influenced by something distinctly '80s, but I don't know what.
Sublime
Ebin (Alt. Take)
Sinsemilla

Beginning a song with gibberish that crashes into the best beat scrapped from Food & Liquor was enough to make me forgive the fiasco Mr. Fiasco created for himself. If you, too, are still chapped about Lupe's ignorance towards ATCQ, I ask now to be forgiving and enjoy the music.
Lupe Fiasco
Slow Down
Food & Liquor (Advance)

I have no idea when I got this song, or why I did, but I'm infinitely grateful that my iPod blessed my ears with such greatness once more. I nearly forgot about this song altogether, until I fell into a journey with the galloping guitar and weeping violin, soaring through windscapes and wonderwalls, towards a climatic battle to breach the brazen drum beat that lolled me home once more. The Magic Numbers are nothing short of Magic.
The Magic Numbers
This Love
The Magic Numbers

My only qualm with this song is that its the clean version. But other than that, this is my favorite remix of "Distortion to Static", considering there are upwards of 20 of them. A simple drum beat that proves again that the drum is the loudest acoustic instrument shadowed by a creepy melody that fades in and out to highlight Black Thought's lyrical tyranny. A True Gem.
The Roots
Distortion to Static (Black Thought Mix)
Do This Well-Remixes And Rarities 1994-1999

----------------------------------------
Gregory and the Hawk
The Boats and Birds EP

Gregory and the Hawk
In Your Dreams

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for Gregory & the Hawk!