Monday, April 5, 2010

Vampire Lesbos Are After Me

appy polly logies for taking so godamned long..


#7.Psychedelic Jungle - the Cramps
released:1981

this record has it all, you've got the man himself Lux Interior handling all of the growls, hoots & hollers, Poison Ivy doing away with your ears on her screeching guitar and Kid Congo Powers laying waste to your gray matter with his classic style of guitar playing, Nick Knox banging away like a madman thumping his victims, while keeping the beat of course; all while you travel through the wires looking for your way out. i can't begin to explain why this is my favorite Cramps albums, mainly because i haven't the words or talent, but hell i'll try. the first half feels like i've been given this tab of acid created in the deep reaches of space, it's been through the atmosphere and landed in the jungles of the Amazon where it was found by these freaks and brought to me. upon dropping it, i'm sent into this world nobody can imagine with the dead dancing around me, a violent washed up wrestling hero, and a slime beast searching for oral sex, to name a few of the monstrosities. when suddenly i hit the peak, i'm on the other side by now and a voice instructs me to not eat what i find on the floor, naturally i don't listen and lose my mind. i make my way out of the clouds and i find myself in the middle of a jungle where there are dances and the trading of things i've never seen before. finally, i'm out of that steamy jungle and walking in the shadows, fearing for my life. for with every turn, there is a danger. i start to wonder if there is anything wrong with me, i've floated away with reality. the green door opens and i'm home.

link in comments