Friday, March 12, 2010

It Begins

i have decided to do a top 10 series.
i'm going to start with my ten favorite punk albums then move on to psychobilly & hip hop.
now then, the genre of punk spreads out all over the map of sub-genres, these are going to be included in my list, so make note of it. i really don't know why i feel i have to explain myself to you.
you could give a shit less, so why bother? i guess it helps me sleep.
onto album number 10.


As The Eternal Cowboy - Against Me! (anarcho)
Released: 2003

the statement made at the beginning of the album is very clear, 'the party's over/a CD skipping/it's the same hook repeating/grows more grating with every passing second', the fun is gone but not forgotten. i remember when this was passed onto me, i didn't know what to expect, i had heard of AM! before but wasn't much of a fan yet as soon as i heard 'Mutiny on The Electronic Bay' with my favorite line 'when an invasion can bring a country its freedom then unconsciousness is true happiness' i knew i was getting into something much more than i thought. aside from the fact that it is much more 'clean' than their previous releases and it lacks the anger that was very present in their demos & first album, Eternal Cowboy will always hold a special place in my heart as one of my favorite Against Me! albums.

link in comments