Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Our Friendship Never Died


#8.Closer - Joy Division
released:1980

when those tribal drumbeats kick in & Ian Curtis directs me into his house of despair, i am already immersed in this album. this all happens within the first song and to me, that is what makes this a classic record. a staple in the post-punk scene; it containing some of the group's well known hits (Isolation, Heart & Soul & Twenty-Four Hours) along with my favorite Joy Division song A Means To An End. while listening to this i can't help but feel helpless and directly connected to Ian's words. in them i hear my pain, my shame & my fear. i cannot say more than what has already been said before me.

link in comments

3 comments:

raul_dook said...

Closer

Olive said...

I just love what you have to say about that album, great record, great band!

Unknown said...

Agree, always there is someone in our lives who never leaves